Sunday, March 27, 2011

Cop Out

Cop Out

Everything was a "Cop Out."  I think I made it 15 minutes into this.  At the point at which Tracy Morgan's character "Paul Hodges" remains in a lame cell phone costume from a blown surveillance operation that, in the movie's time, happened 2-3 hours earlier...no, I could not take it anymore.  This additional extreme reach for laughs that weren't there was enough.  I packed this thing up and tossed it back in the red envelope and sent it home.  It was like the movie came into my house, peed on the carpet and I had to get rid of it.

I can't remember seeing Tracy Morgan in anything else and this movie will make me wary of seeing anything in the future that he might be in.  Bruce Willis, c'mon!  No bummer on the acting by you, but man, this was like a car with the steering locked to the right an no matter how hard your acting talents tried to straighten it, the car went over the cliff.  Kevin Smith, please, "Clerks, Chasing Amy," and a few others rocked, the writing and all of it, but what happened?  Okay, you did not write it, but man, you should have stepped in.

Perhaps the worst is that my wife has been holding onto "Sex and the City II" for over a month now and has still not watched it so I can return it.  With only 2 choices of the 3, I am now high and dry as I wait for the replacement for the movie I returned the day before I started watching "Cop Out."  Even in this position of being movieless, I will not watch "Sex and the City," because I must be the only heterosexual guy in the US who never came across women like Samantha and don't need to be reminded of it, and "Cop Out" was just too lame to continue.  The best thing is that by not staying up later to watch it, I actually got a decent night's sleep last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment