Friday, June 24, 2011

In the Loop

In the Loop

The only person I recognized was James Gandolfini and be it bias toward his role of Tony Soprano carrying over or what, who cares?  He was awesome.  I can't say I am for better or worse with this one.  There is no real set/action candy, it is all dialogue and that dialogue or script is really good.  Ah heck, I guess I did come away with something and that would be (albeit most probably a fictional item) a possible reason as to why nothing worthwhile seems to get done or come out of Washington D.C.

Hmm, the plot, what the heck was the plot..oh yeah.  A bumbling British politician is elected (translation: bathed in meat tenderizer) and put into political office (translation: vat of starved sharks) where he ignorantly picks a scab.  The rest of the movie does slices of life of all those around him who are affected, have to support him, stop him, use him, etc.

This would be a great movie for the Michael Cera type college student eager to impress a first date into thinking that he is an intellectual who actually seeks films of this type.  Not my cup of tea, but it was okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment