Thursday, June 16, 2011

Chaser

The Chaser

I have never seen any of the actors here or what, but limbed it here and scored.  Of course, if you are suicidal or severely depressed, no, not good for you to watch.  It is a dark movie that could be a revolution around South Korea's equivalent of a Gary Ridgway, Ed Gein, or Ted Bundy.  Long and short of it is an ex cop who turns to pimping is losing his girls.  Where they are going is a mystery and it ain't pretty.

Unlike similar films I have seen of this genre, the acting is really good, the ending totally unexpected, and the gore is not over done: the other aspects of the film are so good they keep this from being needed.  I can't adequately comment on the script as it was subtitles, but the cinematography was fine, the directing good, and as I said before, the acting was great.  It was very watchable and I totally recommend it....unless you are looking for a happy movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment