Friday, April 22, 2011

Jonah Hex

Jonah Hex

Okay, so I have been gerkin' a bunch of well funded deals and have strayed from the indie's which are like huge oysters: occasionally I get a pearl, but most often, it is like having to slowly knaw through an overly sized phlegm ball.  Jonah Hex was okay.  It did not have enough of something to keep me in there for long periods of time but it was nonetheless something to sorta look forward to.

Where Josh Brolin has come from I don't know, but within the last 3 to 4 years, he has suddenly been in a lot of stuff beginning with "No Country for Old Men."  He carries his weight and does well against John Malkovich who, like Michael Cera, seem to be the same character no matter where they are cast.  Megan Fox, well, what Megan Fox brings to the screen (and what I want and expect and I did not get) is not her acting.  If you catch my drift, go back and see "Transformers" or find the 2009 issue of Maxim.

Entertaining but a 4 nighter for me.  The directing is good, the acting is there, the script is cool,  and the cinematography is just fne.  Nothing to really write home about, but if you are low on selection, this will keep you satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment