Monday, April 23, 2012

Legend of the Fist: The Return of Chen Zhen

Legend of the Fist: The Return of Chen Zhen

At the beginning of this one, I was "Wow, oh man, this is great, oh wow!" but the weirdy thing was that during the day, I didn't find myself eager to get home and turn it back on and all.  It may have been the start of 2 kids in baseball, swimming, and cub scouts that had me worn out, trampled and looking like a piece of road kill bacon.  Not sure, but I did finish it.

Donnie Yen, who is in just about the last 10 films I have seen was in this one too and his fight action is awesome!  He has some of that floating/flying Hidden Tiger stuff going on but not so much that you are thinking to yourself, "Hey, now I know what those opium dens were for: dreaming up floaty fight scenes."

I kept thinking that the mask and all were like Bruce Lee in "The Green Hornet" TV show and yep!, there was a comparison and some connections.  Still good and this is a film that I can recommend, but not one that I would jump up and down and rave for.

Acting was good, directing was good, writing rocked, and the music...eh, okay.  Cinematography was awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment