Thursday, April 12, 2012

Ip Man: 2

Ip Man 2

Hold the phone!  Not since the Rocky series have I been so into a final fight!  Wow, awesome fight scenes and fights and wow!  Donnie Yen translated into English is Steven Segal: kidding he is not but he reminds me of Segal.  What I like about Segal is none of the Van Damme.'beaten to within an inch of his life only to rise at the last second and kick butt' stuff.  No, with Segal, you get, boom boom bad guy down!  Nice, I like it.  Donnie Yen as Ip Man is like that and also like Segal, there is nothing but a calm expression on his face as he puts a full on beat down onto his opponent. 

The acting is good until it breaks from the English subtitles and the Brits begin speaking English.  The only other flaw I saw/heard was the occassional time when the music was so bad I was able to actually notice how bad it was.  Other than that, the cinematography is great, the directing was great and the action scenes just rocked!  Script, good again until the English start speaking...then it is kind of cheesy.  Cool dealio is the surprise pupil Ip Man gets at the movie's end

No comments:

Post a Comment