Friday, December 16, 2011

The Man from Nowhere

The Man from Nowhere

2 Words....SEE IT.  There are the familiar story lines of "the odd ball who triumphs (or the ugly duckling kinda deal)," "the ex-secret agent who qiuts the game only to have to resurrect the skills to save the innocent (kind of like the Incredible Hulk)," etc.

If asked what this was about, I would not be able to do so decently within the time a tall (bloat causing) egg nog latte would afford.   It has gangsters, secret agents, saving kids (which I totally appreciate), revenge, drugs (which...nevermind), killer fight scenes, etc.  Just trust me, see it.  It has awesome action, emotional pull, great acting, cinematography, directing, and writing.  This is an all around KICK A#^ film!

Only after a hook of vague recognition was plunged in my grey matter did I check a bit more.  The lead actor Bin Won has been in 2 other awesome films that I have seen: "Tae Guk Gi: The Brotherhood of War (2004)" which has to be one of the best that I have seen in years and "Mother (2009)."  This dude can act as evidenced by the contrast of his role in "Mother" and this role.  In "Mother," he plays a retarded man superbly.  Then to see him in "The Man from Nowhere!" wow, this dude can act and has a great range!

See it

No comments:

Post a Comment