Sunday, September 25, 2011

Let Me In

Let Me In

All the parts were done well, but still, I can't enthusiastically recommend it.  The acting was good, the directing was good, the script was good, and the cinematography really fit/made the mood of the film.  For those reasons I would recommend it, but because I also evaluate films on how I feel after watching them and what will be in store for the characters beyond the running of the credits at the film's end, I have reservations. 

Kodi Smit-McPhee is this amazingly white, scrawny 12 year old kid who, becuase of his unique looks and physique, is the target of your run of the mill school hooligans.  He reminds me of Lukas Haas from Witness (1985) in that the looks got him the role, but like Haas, you will probably not see him in too much more.  Life is hell  for him until Chloe Moretz moves in next door and as a vampire with crazy strength and appetites, she befriends him and acts out revenge.  Now that was satisfying.

So, I can't really recommend it as something to run out and see, but if you do get it and have kids, be sure they don't see it.  If they do, they'll never trust new kids in the neighborhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment