Friday, August 12, 2011

Deception

Deception

No!  Don't see it.  I am such a pathetic American with the "finish your plate" mentality that has been so burned into me (even when what I was eating was so bad for me) that I had to finish what I had started.  During the viewing, it was just a skoosh above slipping it back into the red envelope and sending it home.

Plot: Socially inept dude who is an accountant (Ewan McGregor) falls into a sex club where he is suddenly having "relations" with incredibly beautiful women with no strings attached.  Deal is that he falls for a fling and she (Michelle Williams) is actually part of a plot to get him to siphon 20 million to an account she and her accomplice (Hugh Jackman) have set up.  Complications arise when she falls for the accountant in return.  Okay, so Mr. Excitement (the accountant) is able to woo a woman into bailing on her cut of 20 million after 2 nights of sex.   So, he is Mr. Incredible: well paid accountant during the day and 10 Million Dollar per tryst gigolo at night!  PA LEASE!!!

The way it ends is that Jackman, the evil puppeteer, is shot by Williams right before he is to shoot McGregor.  Both Williams and McGregor leave Jackman in the park to bleed all over 2 suitcases with 20 million dollars.  Are you kidding me?!?!?! 
You have just stolen 20 million from some unsuspecting victim, you then shoot the dude who master minded the swindle and you don't ttaek the cash?!  You instead leave it for some Central Park crack dealing type thug to find it.  Frickin' great.  Implausible, irritatiting, illogical, and all sorts of other 'i' words.

Remember, I suffered for you on this so if you ever come over, mow my lawn while I read something and sip a cool beverage while I try to regain some of the time I lost watching this.

No comments:

Post a Comment