Saturday, October 11, 2014

The Grand Budapest Hotel (2014)



I really looked forward to this based on the comments and all that folks had given and that I had heard on the radio and so on.....I couldn't finish it.  One of the ways I judge a movie is by how much I passively think of it (when I am not watching it) during the 2 to 3 days/evenings it takes me to finish it.  Further, I only remembered what I was watching when M. Gustav played by Ralph Fiennes appeared upon my hitting 'Play' on my personal DVD player.

Watching it became a chore and I have enough chores during the day.  I quit and have accepted my lack of hipness.

Mechanically, the film was sound.  The characters remained their quirky weird selves, the sound track, directing, cinematography, and writing remained constant and quirky throughout as well and never swayed.  That was impressive; however, no matter how well prepared and delivered to me a plate of haggis might be, I still ain't eating it and would send it back too.

No comments:

Post a Comment