Thursday, October 20, 2011

Holy Rollers

Holy Rollers

I am stuck in a bind here.  The dilemma is that movies like "Holly Rollers" are well directed, acted, scripted, shot, etc., but they are stories/subjects that are not that intriguing.   Where they really get hammered is that there are no special effects, crazy scenes, or whatever to help them get out of the shadow cast by poorly acted, terribly written movies that have huge budgets splorted on special effects, explosions, gory fights, action, T & A, etc.  Crimony, I bet more people saw 2005's "The Dukes of Hazard" than saw "Holy Rollers."  Now that is a shame.

As mentioned, the cinematography is great, the acting is great, the writing is great, and the directing was great, but it is like those stinking F-15 models I used to build as a kid: I spent hours and pushing my abilities into beautifully crafting and painting the jet engines, landing gear, etc. only to have encase and hide them in the fuselage never to be seen again.  There are too many other movie choices out there to select and watch.  I have to say, "pass on this one."

No comments:

Post a Comment