Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Town

The Town

Good!  Though it took me 4 nights to watch, which usually signifies a "tough to get through" film, this one was great.  The duration or time needed to finish this was due to these demon things called kids that I (what was I thinking) willingly brought into the world.  Kidding, I love them to pieces....they may read this one day and by then, I will need them to push me around when the battery on my scamp dies.  Ben Affleck rocked.  This was the best role I have ever seen him in.  Of course, he directed and did just about everything (including writing I believe) so the character he invented may have been easier to play than one he didn't invent.

Jeremy Renner (The Hurt Locker) was really good as well.  Good film, action and cinematography, writing, acting and the lot!  Okay, so another Boston dealio in which The Town is a part of Boston and a spawning ground for bank robbers.  Affleck's character gets a heart after he be(boy)friends a traumatized victim of one his crew's heists.  As the film progesses, you get the "one last job" formula and the ominous, "is she going to ever find out it was him" angst.  I almost bailed because I didn't want to be insulted with a standard and tired out rerun finish that was simply done in a different setting with different people, but  no faithful readers, I labored on and I am glad that I did.  Watch it!  Ben is at his best.

No comments:

Post a Comment